Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So I'm starting a blog...

It is 4:55am right now. Apparently, I get pretty great ideas in the middle of the night! However, I'm getting tired very quickly now, so we'll see how the follow through on this idea turns out....

I think I tried to start a blog a couple years ago, I wanted to be as cool as my best fired;) but I couldn't find it, so I'm starting fresh now. This really makes sense, since I'm sort of starting over fresh in life right now. In the middle of my senior year of college I am taking a term off from everything -- school, work, I'm at least 90 minutes from any friends, everything -- to find myself. I am currently a little over half way through my term off and unfortunately things have not been progressing as well as I'd like. Fortunately, I have aforementioned best friend who keeps me going and recently suggested I try blogging. So here I am... writing to the internet or friends or whoever reads this I guess.

I feel that I should explain the title: When I came to the title page and was thinking about what I'd be writing about and where I am in life, everything had an -ing on the end -- searching, healing, looking, finding, growing, etc. I couldn't really decide on one so I went with Erika-ing because I'm sort of figuring out who Erika is, who I want to be, and what I want out of life. This journey of figuring out myself and my life will be the general theme of the blog, but I'm sure if I keep going with the blog lots of other topics will be thrown in -- if you know me, you know that I can ramble and also may have ADD:)

Well, I think this is it for the first post. I don't have much else to say right now and I think I've started to ramble. I think I should get some sleep now, although I am pretty excited about this blog and I have a good feeling about the future....

Here's to the future: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to arm you, palns to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

With Love -Erika

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Keep it up honey. What do you think of the book??

    always~Erin

    ReplyDelete